She’s going back to Ormoc in a day or two. I’m gonna miss her.
So happy that I finally have my mockingjay necklace! Haha. Sorry for my face on your dash though. D:
Anonymous asked: Yeah, DoSaB is really amazing. The writing is just beautiful :)
I’ll try to read it soon! :)
Anonymous asked: Hi! This is stupid but can you make a list of all the books you have? They’re so many!
Sure! When I have the time I’ll make a post. Things are pretty busy right now with school and whatnot but once I’m free I’ll get right on it. :) Seems like a fun thing to do!
Anonymous asked: Have you read Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor? It's also amazing :D
I have a book but I haven’t read it yet. School’s taking up most of my time that I barely have enough time to do anything else. :( And yeah, the reviews are pretty good! I bet you enjoyed it a lot? :D
Anonymoused asked: Are you currently in a relationship?
Anonymous asked: Have you read This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales? I hear it's amazing :)
I haven’t. :( I’ll look into it when I have the time though! I just read the summary and it sounds so interesting. I want to read it. :)
Anonymous asked: Do you have a goodreads account?
For someone who loves and owns a lot of books, I don’t. I’ve always wanted to make one though. Maybe I will when I’m not so busy anymore.
Love is a game
for the next
x or o.
Love and Misadventure by Lang Leav
- Watched Catching Fire with my college friends. The movie was amazing! They did really well with the film adaptation. 5☆/5☆
- Fangirled through most of the movie (which involved minimal shrieking, swooning at Finnick and Gale, and crying during Katniss’s message to Rue’s family in District 11 and Mags planting a kiss on Finnick’s lips and running into the mist). Got weird looks from people. Yep.
- After the movie, I went to Fully Booked to get my copy of Love and Misadventure and went around the bookstore since J was still on his way. (He had classes earlier so he wasn’t able to watch the movie with us.)
- When he arrived, we ate together in the food court and talked.
- Meh. :’)
- We didn’t really stay there for long though since he’s having dinner with his family and I had to be home before dinner, so he accompanied me to the taxi line and kissed me on the forehead good bye.
Today was a good day.
11/18/13; Alex’s 12th Birthday
I went home at around 7:30 from school that day, and when I got home I greeted my sister (she was asleep when I left). We didn’t really celebrate that grandly since Yolanda hit our hometown so we had to save more which is totally fine with us. We had takeout for dinner and put magic candles on top of the styrofoam container! I had to take like 1742593 photos of the candle to capture the sparks with my iPhone, lol.
After, I went to my room and did my homework. Everyone in the house did their own thing until 11, where we went out with some family friends in IT Park. We went to Army Navy and ate a lot. Man, their food was delicious!
We went home at around 1am even though I had 7am classes the next day so yeah, I was pretty drowsy during class.
Happy birthday, sissy! You’re so big na. You’re almost a teenager but wa gihapon ka’y buot. HAHAHA. I love you though! <3
Anonymous asked: Any book recs? I'm an avid YA reader :)
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown
- Delicate by Steph Campbell
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen
- Flyaway by Lucy Christopher
- No breaks. Only lunch break
- And it only lasts for an hour
- 7am, MTH
- Straight classes from 1pm - 7pm TTH
I cannot express how much I hate my schedule, ugh.
Anonymous asked: What camera do you use? Your shots are amazing!
It’s unbelievable that someone would actually think that but thank you anon! :) I don’t consider myself that good in photography though but it’s quite a compliment. Anyway, I mostly use my iPhone but sometimes I use a Nikon D90.
- This’s my life for the past four days since Yolanda (Haiyan) struck the Philippines and took a hard hit on Leyte. My hometown, Ormoc’s there and I was there when it happened, also.
- Damn, it was scary as hell. The wind was so strong it made this whistling sound and made my ears pop like when you’re riding an airplane. It blew our roof away!
- So you see, our house was a mess after the typhoon. We cleaned it when it stopped raining.
- On the second day, I had to study Anatomy for our pretest despite my situation. I even managed to have some coffee.
- He checked up on me. Like actually went to my house and said he was worried and all. Who can’t say ‘awww’ to that? <3 Every time I think about how he found a way to see me even after the typhoon really lifts my mood and makes me happy in general.
- Despite what happened, the typhoon didn’t down our spirits. We still managed to laugh and joke about it. Going “We don’t have a roof!” and “Now we can go stargazing without going outside!” I love the optimism of my family.
- Also, there isn’t any electricity and water. We had to get water elsewhere, carrying buckets on foot. The city’s a wreck. :(
- We still stayed in our house though, even if it doesn’t have its roof anymore. There are some parts that were untouched so we use that place for sleep.
- When we almost ran out of food, my mum came home from Cebu and brought us supplies. Thank God!
- Right now, I’m in Cebu with my mum and sister. I wanted my gran to come with us but she insisted to stay since she wanted to manage things with our house and hardware store.
- I didn’t get that much sleep last night thinking and worrying about them. It makes me cry every time. I think about how I’m so comfortable here with an abundant supply of water and electricity when they hardly even have those to go by. /sigh
- God won’t give us something we can’t handle. I have to keep that in mind and retain a positive state of mind. Our house can be rebuilt. What really matters is that none of my family members were hurt.
To anyone who’s willing and able, please donate and help Leyte, especially those in Tacloban. It’s way worse there. Please help your fellow Filipinos! The images and videos you see in the news is nothing compared to the real thing. Trust me.